The Best Affogato Recipe
This classic Italian dessert tastes amazing with just the original two ingredients: gelato and espresso. But add some nuts, chocolate, spice and boom! You’ve taken it to the next level of decadence.
Don’t plan on sharing this one with friends. One spoonful, and there’s no going back. Just ask our photographer. It took some self-control to finish the shoot after having a bite!
- 4 scoops of vanilla gelato
- 3-4 tbsps Control Flow Espresso
- 1 tbsp hazelnuts or pistachios
- 4 small squares of dark chocolate
- A dash of ground nutmeg
- Pour the shot of espresso.
- Place the hazelnuts and dark chocolate into a bag. Use a kitchen mallet on the bag until the contents have broken up into small pieces.
- Add four scoops of vanilla gelato to a medium glass. Pour the espresso shot over the gelato and sprinkle the hazelnuts and chocolate pieces overtop.
- Sprinkle on a light dusting of ground nutmeg to the glass.