Press House Coffee is looking for an energetic individual to join our team as a roastery and shop assistant. As our company grows we are seeking a dynamic person to grow with us. The preferred candidate is a coffee lover who wants to learn more about the industry from country of
origin to the cup served in a cafe. The roastery/shop assistant will work out of our roasting facility off of Mount Nebo Road in Ohio Township and be mobile and able to assist at our other locations in the Allegheny West neighborhood of the North Side and in the Village of Sewickley. Candidates should be open to a non-traditional work environment where tasks change on a daily basis and flexibility is a must.
The Roastery Apprentice and Shop Assistant will report directly to the Head Roaster and Coffee Operations Manager and will be part of a team environment in which all roles will support and assist each other when necessary.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right coffee lover to get involved in the coffee industry as Press House begins to grow locally and nationally. Ability to advance in the company and industry will be self-determined with full support of the Owner and Founder of Press House Coffee.
- Learning and understanding the coffee industry from country of origin to sourcing and
- Staging the roast day by weighing out green coffee
- Blending green and roasted coffee according to prescribed recipes
- Learning and understanding our printing, labeling, packaging, and shipping practices
- Receive and stock green coffees
- Assist in inventory management and warehouse organization
- Assist in maintaining a tidy work environment
- Assist in local deliveries of coffee and equipment to our shops
- Assist in taking packages to the post office for online order fulfillment
- Assist in maintaining supply levels at our retail cafes
- Attend cuppings and other educational trainings to grow coffee knowledge
- Aid in the maintenance of production equipment
- Genuine interest and curiosity of the coffee industry
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to lift 30 pounds overhead
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds individually and 160 pounds assisted
- Willingness and desire to learn about the coffee roasting process
- Ability to work independently to fulfill team needs
- Ability to use computers for inventory and order tracking and fulfillment
- Ability to follow technical guidelines
- Ability to stand on feet for over half the work day
- Well adjusted communication skills, both written and oral
At Press House, we like an energetic and fun working environment where success is owned by a team and not an individual. We encourage any like minded individuals to apply for this unique job and become a part of our team.
Please send a cover letter explaining your interest and qualifications, as well as a resume to email@example.com. Please no phone calls.