We are seeking a qualified Cafe Manager to join our team. The Press House Cafe Manager is responsible for overseeing all operations of the restaurant, including hiring, training and performance management of all hourly staff, inventory management, customer service, and creation of store goals and promotions to maximize profits. Work hand in hand with our Head of Coffee Ops to deliver the best coffee program possible. The Manager reports to the Owner and Head of Ops.
Customer service and supporting the cafés team are the most critical part of the is role.
Sales, Reporting, and Financial Responsibilities:
– Written and verbal store communication and top-down communication from corporate officers. Communicates with supervisors/leadership team to maintain the same practices and secure policy and procedure at all levels of the operation. Communicates store goals to team effectively and motivates others.
– Monitors inventory levels and communicates with vendors to maintain business relationships and secure appropriate pricing, in coordination with the operations manager.
– Responsible for ensuring that all financial duties and reporting are completed accurately, including all administrative tasks and payroll and personnel activities.
– Seeks to grow customer base and increase store traffic by creating and leading promotions within and outside the store as well as maintaining functional, efficient, and pleasant store environment and high-quality food and beverage offerings.
– Seeks to increase sales, monitors weekly and monthly P&L data and works to increase bottom-line profits.
– Reports performance information to owner.
– Helps to organize marketing efforts, including overseeing social media presence, completion of sampling and seasonal promotional goals and events, and interfacing with local groups, charities and school organizations to grow our involvement in the local community.
Leadership and Team Organization Responsibilities:
– Ensures all team members adhere with Press House standards of service. Always courteous, friendly and going the extra mile for our patrons.
– Leads and models overall culture, values, mission, and spirit of the company. Is knowledgeable about the ideals and principles of Press House and ensures that our story is appropriately conveyed by staff and store environment.
– Creates, adjusts, and implements training plans for new employees. Ensures full understanding and regularly observes and coaches staff on their performance, celebrating successes as well as discussing and offering suggestions if more feedback is needed.
– He/She performs annual employee reviews and conducts ongoing coaching and training sessions to ensure high levels of performance.
– Oversees store staffing levels and assists in hiring and promotion assessments. Organizes labor to ensure adequate staffing.
– Conducts regular management meetings to review financial reports, issues related to personnel, upcoming promotions, events, and activities, etc.
– Helps to create positive, enthusiastic, and well-trained store culture by providing an informed, honest, and optimistic example for the team. Responds appropriately to ideas,concerns, complaints, and comments from management and staff.
– Models proper attendance, punctuality, customer service, and overall attitude.
– Makes decisions on matters of import at the store level.
Quality of Products, Functionality, Safety, and Store Appearance Responsibilities:
– Oversees and executes effective communication between baristas and kitchen staff to ensure that food and beverage offerings are fresh, labeled appropriately, and kept well-stocked. Guides direction of new seasonal food and beverage offerings and contributes any skills and ideas for new items.
– Ensures that all company and store standards, guidelines, and procedures are communicated and followed by staff at all times. Models all rules and policies and maintains safety features and security of café, FOH, and BOH operations.
– Communicates safety features and hazards to team.
– Ensures store appearance is maintained at all times, including café seating area, bathrooms, condiment bar, and FOH/BOH.
– Ensures proper equipment functionality and performs or enforces completion of regular equipment maintenance. Utilizes resources and available information to troubleshoot when equipment errors occur; responds in a timely and reasonable fashion to problems.
– Maintains, models, and coaches on speed of service and organizes employees to maintain the most efficient floor plan and deployment for serving customers.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
– Strong customer service and communication skills
–Preferably at least 1 year of experience in coffee and/or restaurant management
– Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and nonverbal
– Strong organization, time management, problem solving, decision making, and conflict resolution skills
– Must be able to multitask and be able to work under pressure
– Maintain a positive and upbeat atmosphere
– Ability to delegate, supervise, and train staff
– Will be able to work weekends, evenings, and/or overtime
– Must have a passion and appreciation for excellent coffee and food
– Competitive salary (Hourly option as well)
– Paid time off (vacation, personal and sick days)
– Opportunities for educational and career development
– Free drinks at our cafes and a free bag of coffee to take home each week
– Discounts on Press House food, merchandise, and other items such as additional coffee
Job Type: Full-time