At home barista: Easy spiced Cafe au Lait
Bonus: This recipe includes a hack for easy frothed milk at home — no special equipment required!
As working from home is at an all-time high amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s hard not to yearn for the once-routine pleasure of getting a pretty, delicious drink at our local coffee shop. Even for us black coffee lovers, there’s something about the guilty pleasure of an easy-drinking, indulgent specialty drink every now and then. We got to the drawing board to share a few of own recipes that are equal parts easy, delicious, and Instagrammable.
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup brewed coffee, cooled for 3-5 minutes
(recommended: Tavern Blend brewed with a French Press)
- 1-2 tsp honey
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
Note: Leave out the cinnamon and nutmeg for a classic Café au Lait
- While the coffee is cooling, microwave the milk for one minute. Add the honey to the milk and stir to combine. Add cinnamon and nutmeg and stir again.
- *Home frothed milk hack* Transfer milk mixture to a sealable container or water bottle.Shake gently then open the lid to release the steam. Re-seal and shake vigorously until the milk is frothy.
- Pour frothed milk into a mug with the cooled coffee and stir.
- Garnish with a dash of cinnamon.
Discover great coffees from around the world.
One hand-selected bean at a time.
Get the single-origin coffees that our roaster Paule’s most excited about, shipped within 72 hours of roasting for peak freshness.