At home barista: Chocolate Cherry Frozen Coffee
As working from home is at an all-time high amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s hard not to yearn for the once-routine pleasure of getting a pretty, delicious drink at our local coffee shop. Even for us black coffee lovers, there’s something about the guilty pleasure of an easy-drinking, indulgent specialty drink every now and then. We got to the drawing board to share a few of own recipes that are equal parts easy, delicious, and Instagrammable.
- ½ cup brewed coffee, cooled 10-15 minutes
(recommended: Tavern Blend brewed with a French Press)
- 1 cup 2% milk or full-fat oat milk
- ½ cup frozen cherries
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1-2 cups ice
- Pour cooled coffee into a blender with the milk, frozen cherries, cocoa powder, maple syrup, and a half cup of ice.
- Blend on high. Gradually add more ice until the desired consistency is reached.
- Remove the frozen coffee from the blender and pour the mixture into a glass.
- Garnish with whipped cream and a dash of cocoa powder.